- This event has passed.
Wildlife Course 1
April 18, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm£25 – £35
Adult Learning during COVID-19
Secret World Wildlife Rescue is a respected source of expertise and centre of excellence where British wildlife can receive the best care. We are happy to share this knowledge with anyone who wishes to learn more about wildlife and caring for wild animals. We also offer professional courses for veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses.
Our Wildlife Courses are suitable for anyone, of any standard or experience, who has an interest in wildlife. In order to ensure the best experience for all delegates we ask that everyone attends Course 1 before booking on to courses 2, 3 or 4.
Our courses are normally run on site as four one-day courses and include a practical component. At the moment due to COVID-19 restrictions we are unable to run our courses in the normal manner and instead will deliver them virtually in early 2021 as four half-day events. It will be possible to view these either live or recorded by registered delegates. We hope those attending the courses online will also be able to attend a practical session to support their learning once restrictions are lifted – we will send out an invite to these and there will be a charge of £60 (or concessionary rates) for the whole day. Those attending our online courses will receive:
- An electronic certificate of attendance for each course
- A digital ‘handout’ of the course material by email
- A voucher for £10 off the SWWR ‘Introduction to wildlife rescue and rehabilitation’ book due to be published in the spring (one voucher redeemable per book purchased).
Explore your passion for wildlife, check out the dates and course details below and book your place today.
- Ethical considerations when treating wildlife
- Health & Safety: your own and your responsibility to others
- Wildlife rescue techniques and equipment
- Cleanliness, hygiene and biosecurity
- Question and answer sessions.
Course also includes; course handouts (will be emailed after the course), invite to course practical day (charges apply), voucher for £10 off the SWWR Introduction to wildlife rescue and rehabilitation book due to be published in the spring (one voucher redeemable per book purchased).
Course tutor(s): Dan Bryant and Sarah Tingvoll (Section Leaders SWWR)
Date: 18th April 2021
Cost: £35 (SWWR volunteers and students £25)