- This event has passed.
Easter open weekend 2022
April 15, 2022 @ 10:00 am - April 18, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
Friday 15th to Monday 18th April, 10am till 4pm each day. Entry £5 adults, £2 children per day, tickets are only valid on day of purchase. It’s back! We are delighted to be running our open weekends again in 2022 after almost 3 years. We’ve missed 2 whole years of events due to the pandemic, but most of all we’ve missed you! Our Easter open weekend is going ahead this year and it’s bigger than ever, with 4 full days of activities and talks for all the family. The main activities and times are:
- Friday – talks by Chris Sperring MBE from the Hawk and Owl Trust – 11am and 2:30pm
- Saturday – the returns of our popular dog show! Entries from 10am for an 11:30am start. £2 per category, all entrants must have tickets for the open day. Categories are: – Prettiest Bitch – Handsomest Dog – Golden Oldie – Best Pupper – Most Appealing Eyes – Best Rescue – Best Crossbreed – Waggiest Tail – Most Smiley Face – Best Trick – Dog the judge would most like to take home (chosen from all entrants)
Online registration for the dog show is now live if you’d like to reserve your place: https://www.secretworld.org/event/easter-dog-show-registration please note that registration on the day will be cash only!
- Sunday – a Golden Egg hunt. The finder wins £20! 11am and 2:30pm
- Monday – talks by Martin Hughes-Games, well-known presenter of Spring and Autumn Watch and patron of Secret World – 11am and 2:30pm
A few things you’ll be able to enjoy over the whole weekend:
- Food and drink
- Wildlife talks
- Easter egg hunt every day
- The Secret World learning tent
- Craft/gift market featuring local artists
- Meet our resident animals, including birds of prey, a red deer and an emu!
- Pond dipping
Please note that facepainting and our cake/drinks stall will be cash only. We will have card machines for admission and gift shop, but these are dependent on a reliable mobile signal. We are unable to provide cashback so we recommend bringing cash – the nearest free cashpoints are One Stop and Asda, both in Highbridge.
Unfortunately, as we are in Somerset, we can’t guarantee it won’t be raining! We’ll be hoping for good weather, but some activities may be limited to what we can do under cover if the heavens open.
Our site is looking very different since our last open weekend. This will be a great chance to see our new wildlife treatment centre and enjoy the interactive learning displays in the reception area. This event is suitable for all ages, and all are welcome! Please note that some areas and footpaths are loose ground/gravel and are not wheelchair accessible. Well-behaved dogs are also welcome and must be kept on leads at all times.
Our site is closed to the public except for open weekends, so this is a fantastic opportunity to visit and learn more about how we are helping wildlife. Please note that none of our wildlife admissions will be on display; our work with wild animals is done behind closed doors and limiting human interaction gives them the best possible chance of returning to the wild.