- This event has passed.
Easter Fun Days 2023
April 7 @ 10:00 am - April 10 @ 4:00 pm
Unfortunately, due to our car park field being waterlogged, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel our Easter Fun Days. We’re very sad as we couldn’t wait to see you all, but we’ve exhausted all our options and it’s not possible to go ahead without a place to park. Please keep an eye out for details of our May and August events.
Friday 7th to Monday 10th April, 10am till 4pm each day. Entry £5 adults, £2 children per day, tickets are only valid on day of purchase. Under 2s go free! Carers and their assisted person discounted to £2 each.
Join us for four egg-citing days of fun at Secret World Wildlife Rescue. Spring is here and we’re delighted to welcome our supporters back to our centre for the first Fun Days of the year. Our Fun Days are a family-friendly day out, full of activities and talks about wildlife, while raising money to help sick, injured, and orphaned wildlife.
The main activities and times are:
- Saturday – the returns of our popular dog show! Entries from 10am for an 11:30am start. £2 per category, all entrants must have tickets for the open day. Categories are: – Prettiest Bitch – Handsomest Dog – Golden Oldie – Best Pupper – Most Appealing Eyes – Best Rescue – Best Crossbreed – Waggiest Tail – Most Smiley Face – Best Trick – Dog the judge would most like to take home (chosen from all entrants)
Online registration for the dog show will open soon. Please note that registration on the day will be cash only!
- Sunday – a Golden Egg hunt. The finder wins £20! 11am and 2:30pm
A few things you’ll be able to enjoy over the whole weekend as part of your entry:
- Food and drink
- Wildlife talks
- Easter egg hunt every day
- The Secret World learning centre
- Craft/gift market featuring local artists
- Secret World gift shop, selling new and donated goods
- Giant games
- Facepainting (additional charge)
- Interpretation Centre – see what goes on behind the scenes at Secret World
Please note that facepainting will be cash only. We will have card machines for admission and gift shop, but these are dependent on a reliable mobile signal. We are unable to provide cashback so we recommend bringing cash – the nearest free cashpoints are One Stop and Asda, both in Highbridge.
Unfortunately, as we are in Somerset, we can’t guarantee it won’t be raining! We’ll be hoping for good weather, but some activities may be limited to what we can do under cover if the heavens open.
This will be a great chance to see our new wildlife treatment centre and enjoy the interactive learning displays in the reception area. This event is suitable for all ages, and all are welcome! Please note that some areas and footpaths are loose ground/gravel and are not wheelchair accessible. Well-behaved dogs are also welcome and must be kept on leads at all times.
Donations of pet food will be gratefully received at the event entrance. Wet dog and cat food in jelly, and dried cat and dog food are always needed, but no fishy varieties please! Unfortunately we’re unable to accept donations for our charity shops on these days.
Our site is closed to the public except for open weekends, so this is a fantastic opportunity to visit and learn more about how we are helping wildlife. Please note that no animals will be on display; our work with wild animals is done behind closed doors and limiting human interaction gives them the best possible chance of returning to the wild.