Last year we all had to adapt to new ways of living as the Covid-19 pandemic our lives in so many ways. So much of our fundraising had to be done online as we were unable to host events and see our supporters in person.
Our 2020 auction was the first one we ever did online, and though it was a fantastic success, we had hoped it would be the last time we ran it virtually. We missed seeing everyone and letting our hair down while raising much-needed funds for the animals in our care. Our annual Auction and Ball is the highlight of our year and a chance for us to celebrate another busy year as things get quieter in our centre.
None of us thought that we would be in a similar position in 2021 but we just didn’t feel we could safely host the usual event while the virus is still circulating so freely. Everyone’s safety and health are the most important things and while we’re missing you all, the decision was taken to run this year’s event online again.
So hang up those costumes for another year, we’ll be back in 2022! This year we’re running another big auction on Facebook, with over 90 lots to bid on. We’ve got a fantastic range of items that have been kindly donated by supporters specially for the auction, as well as some high-value donations received in our charity shop.
Here’s how it all works:
- Visit our Facebook page to view pictures and details of this year’s lots. You can also see them below at the end of this post
- Each picture has a lot number with full details in the description, including starting big and postage cost.
- Have a look at the comments to see if anyone has bid yet, and scroll down to see the current highest bid.
- Add your bid to the comments if you can beat the current highest bid.
- We will prompt you if you’ve been outbid so you can come back and try again.
- Bidding on ‘Star’ items will end at 9pm on Friday 12th November.
- Bidding on all other items ends at 9pm on Saturday 13th November.
- If you’re not a Facebook user, you can still view the lots below. If you would like to bid on anything please get in touch for current bid details.
- If you’d like to bid anonymously on an item we can place the bid for you, simply get in touch with the lot number and your amount, and we’ll tell you if you’re outbid.
Thanks to everyone who supported last year’s auction, which raised over £7,000. We’re so grateful to you all for getting involved and making the most of what was a new and difficult event for us. Your support means injured and orphaned wild animals get a second chance at life. We can’t wait to welcome you all back for our 2022 Auction and Ball which will be bigger and better than ever!